Edible slime covers this delicious lemon pound cake with swirls of purple, hot pink, orange, and green.
Topped with gummy frogs and Halloween sprinkles, this is truly a tasty witch’s concoction! I hope you all enjoy it! Don’t forget to check out the GIVEAWAY link below too!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup whole milk at room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- Halloween sprinkles
- Gummy frogs
- Edible slime
- Food gel colors - purple, pink, orange, blue-green
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prep edible slime per package instructions.
- In a standard mixing bowl, whisk together your flour, salt, and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl, and with your hand mixer on a medium speed, cream together your butter and white sugar until light and fluffy.
- While still at that same medium speed, incorporate your eggs on at a time.
- Switch to a low speed and stir in your lemon juice.
- Staying on that low speed, alternate between your flour mixture and milk. Being sure to start and end with the flour.
- Separate your pound cake batter between four bowls.
- Color one portion of batter orange, another purple, and then hot pink, and finally blue-green.
- Randomly add pound cake batter into your prepared pan, alternating between colors, and allow to bake for 1 hour or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Once pound cake has cooled for 15 minutes, cover with edible slime.
- Top with gummy frogs and Halloween sprinkles.
- Slice, serve, and ENJOY!
- I stock up on edible slime every year at Target in their Hyde & Eek section. It's on $5 so it's such a steal.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Food Gel Color Starter Kit (12-Count)
Wilton Offset Spatula
Nonstick Bread Pan (Set of 2, 9.5 x 5 Inch)
Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife