If you love snickerdoodle, then you will fall in love with this classic vanilla cupcake given the full snickerdoodle makeover and topped with fluffy and delightfully spiced cinnamon buttercream! Today we are taking all that is snickerdoodle and packing into one tasty light and fluffy cupcake bursting with cinnamon flavor. Of course no cupcake is complete without delicious frosting so we are going to be using perfectly smooth cinnamon buttercream that is sprinkled lightly with a nice blend of cinnamon and sugar.
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cupcakes!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 & 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 & 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk at room temperature
- Buttercream (I suggest my cinnamon buttercream)
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standard sized mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whip shortening on a high speed until fluffy.
- Add in white granulated sugar and mix into shortening on a lower speed until incorporated.
- One at a time, add eggs and mix in after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Add in dry mixture and mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Fill your cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes for 15 - 18 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Once baked, pull from oven, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar onto each cupcake, and allow to cool before frosting. I highly recommend trying these snickerdoodle cupcakes with a yummy and fluffy cinnamon buttercream.
- After you decorate your cupcakes, serve & ENJOY!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife