You really cannot go wrong with basic and essential recipes. We all know the staples within the essential dessert recipes in anyone’s kitchen like chocolate, vanilla, & white cakes. Today though, to kick off the Autumn season (yes, I’m already decorating for Halloween), we are tackling a simple, tasty, and moist snickerdoodle inspired cake.
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cake!:
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 & 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 & 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar blend
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standard sized mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whip shortening on a high speed until fluffy.
- Add in white granulated sugar and mix into shortening on a lower speed until incorporated.
- One at a time, add eggs and mix in after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Add in dry mixture and mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Pour into your prepared cake pan(s).
- Bake cake(s) for 20 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Once baked, pull from oven, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar onto each cake, and allow to cool.
- Decorate, frost, and garnish with your preferred taste.
- Slice, serve, & ENJOY!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
Pyrex 4-Piece Glass Measuring Cup Set
Wilton Large Folding Cake Leveler, Cake Decorating Supplies
Rotating Cake Turntable Set (Includes 3 Decorating Combs & 2 Offset Spatulas)
Decorating Tip Start Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Parchment Paper Rounds (Assorted Sizes)
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
3 Piece Spring Form Pan Set - 4-inch, 7-inch, & 9-inch
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife