A delicious blend of milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate glazes a perfectly light and fluffy chocolate pound cake that is beyond tasty. If you’re a chocolate lover, this is your pound cake!
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cake!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 7 ounces milk at room temperature
- 1.5 ounces milk chocolate
- 1.5 ounces dark chocolate
- 1.5 ounces white chocolate
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 & 2/3 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- walnuts, chopped
Making the Triple Chocolate Pound Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter, sugar, and milk in a heatproof bowl and warm in a microwave at 30 second bursts until steaming.
- Add in cocoa powder and stir to combine and set aside to cool.
- Separate egg yolks from egg whites.
- Whip egg whites on a high speed until still peaks form and set aside.
- Add egg yolks and incorporate into mixture on a low speed.
- Add flour, salt, and baking powder to mixture and stir to combine.
- Gently fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture you set aside to cool.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to continue to cool.
Making the Chocolate Ganache Glaze:
- Place your milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate in individual heatproof bowls.
- In a glass measuring cup, pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream and heat for 60 seconds in microwave.
- Pour hot heavy cream over each bowl of chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Mix chocolate chips & heavy cream until fully combined and you are left with a silky smooth chocolate ganache mixture.
- Glaze the top of your pound cake with the milk chocolate ganache, dark chocolate ganache, & white chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle with chopped walnuts.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
Parchment Paper Rounds (Assorted Sizes)
Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set (3-Piece)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Decorating Tip Start Set (6-Piece)
Nonstick Bread Pan (Set of 2, 9.5 x 5 Inch)
Cuisinart Plus Food Processor
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife