Creamy peanut butter cheese cake filling on top of a crunchy and buttery graham cracker crust covered in silky smooth milk chocolate ganache. Welcome to your new favorite peanut buttery cheesecake delight!
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cheesecake!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 1 & 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3-8 ounce packages of cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup creamer
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 16 peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 stick butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Making the Cheesecake Crust:
- Crush the graham crackers in a food processor until crumbs are fine.
- Combine crumbs with melted butter in a mixing bowl until well incorporated.
- Wrap cheesecake pan with multiple layers of aluminum foil (see notes).
- Add crumbs to cheesecake pan, distributing evenly, and pressing down flat firmly. If you prefer, you can always have the crumbs go up the sides of the pan.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake crust for 10 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and allow cheesecake crust to cool to room temperature.
- Lower oven temperature to 325 degrees.
Making the Cheesecake Filling:
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese & sugar until batter is smooth on a medium speed. Mix for a good 4-5 minutes.
- Add in peanut butter and mix again.
- Add in creamer and continue to mix.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add in chopped peanut butter cups and mix with spatula.
- Pour cheesecake batter into prepared pan.
- Place cheesecake pan into a slightly larger pan. Carefully & slowly fill larger pan with water until it reaches 1 - 2 inches below the top of the aluminum foil (see notes).
- Place the water bath with the cheesecake inside into the oven and back for 75 minutes. Start checking your cheesecake 10 minutes prior. You will know the cheesecake is done when the center slightly wobbles when the pan is jiggled.
- Once your cheesecake is done, turn the oven off and leave the oven door slightly ajar. Allow cheesecake to cool inside the oven for at least 1 full hour.
- When cooled, remove cheesecake from the oven. Carefully take foil off pan and place the cheesecake, still in the pan, into the refrigeration for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Once full chilled, and before serving, carefully remove the cheesecake from its pan. If you're using a springform pan, allow the pan to do most of the work as the cheesecake should naturally separate from the pan.
Making the Chocolate Ganache:
- Place chocolate chips into a heatproof bowl.
- In a glass measuring cup, pour 1/4 cup of heavy cream and heat for 60 seconds in microwave.
- Pour hot heavy cream over chocolate chips and allow to sit for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Mix chocolate chips & heavy cream until fully combined and you are left with a silky smooth chocolate ganache mixture.
Making the Peanut Butter Buttercream:
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until smooth.
- Beat in peanut butter and powdered sugar until full incorporated.
- Transfer buttercream to a piping bag and, if using, fitted with desired piping tip.
Assembling the Cheesecake:
- Spoon chocolate ganache on top of the cheesecake and cover the entire surface of your cheesecake.
- Add peanut butter buttercream swirls along the edge of the cheesecake.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped peanut butter cups.
- Serve, enjoy, & refrigerate leftovers.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
- Water Bath: At times, even I think about skipping this step when baking cheesecake. But it's helpful to remember that with cheesecake, your primary goal is to bake it slowly and evenly without browning the top. When you bake in a water bath, the water will never get hotter than 212 degrees, no matter how hot the oven is. The hot water insulates the outer ring of the springform pan and keeps the oven moist.
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
3 Piece Spring Form Pan Set - 4-inch, 7-inch, & 9-inch
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
Parchment Paper Rounds (Assorted Sizes)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Decorating Tip Start Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Offset Spatula
Cuisinart Plus Food Processor
Wilton 4-Inch Mini Springform Pans Set (3-Piece)
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife