Nothing beats the classic vanilla cupcake. And with the holidays fast approaching, we are going to take a step back to basics with a perfectly fluffy, all kinds of delicious, quick, and so so foolproof vanilla cupcake!
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cupcakes!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
There are going to be two key steps into this perfect cupcake.nBe sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
Secondly, be sure not to overmix your batter. If there are a few specks of flour, that’s more than okay.
- 1 & 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup milk at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl and set aside
- In a larger mixing bowl, beat eggs and sugar together for 2 minutes on a medium speed until light and creamy.
- Add butter and vanilla and mix on a low speed for an additional minute.
- Incorporate dry ingredients on that same low speed until just combined.
- Add sour cream and mix until smooth.
- Fill each cupcake well about 3/4 of the way full with cupcake batter.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool before frosting and serving.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set (3-Piece)
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Food Gel Color Starter Kit (12-Count)
Wilton Cupcake Pan (12-Cup Standard)
Decorating Tip Start Set (6-Piece)
Wilton 6-Cup Jumbo Muffin Pan (Set of 2)
Paper Tulip Muffin Cups (150-Piece)
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife