Is there anymore more delicious than a spoonful of peanut butter as your passing through the kitchen? Here is my homage to not only my favorite snack but to the classic and lunch stable in all of our childhoods (unless you’re allergic to nuts) PB & J sandwich!
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Cupcakes!
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 cup cream or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk at room temperature
- 1 pound of powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 2 & 1/2 cups of your favorite jelly
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line your cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
Making the Peanut Butter Cupcakes:
- In a standard sized bowl, whisk together both dry ingredients (flour and baking powder). Once whisked, set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, cream the butter and white granulated sugar on a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs into the butter mixture one at a time and beat into batter after each addition.
- With your mixer on a low speed and while alternating, add in your flour mixture and milk. Be sure to start and end with the flour mixture.
- Fill your cupcake cups 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake cupcakes for 20 - 22 minutes, or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool in pan for 10 minutes before removing and allowing to cool entirely.
Making the Jelly Frosting:
- In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy.
- With your mixer on the lowest setting possible (this is usually the stir setting), add in your powdered sugar one cup at a time. Don't panic if your frosting begins to look dry and crumbly.
- Add in a 3/4 cup of your favorite jelly or jam and whip at a high speed for a minute.
Building the Stuffed Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes:
- Core each cupcake. The easiest way is to use the wider end of a piping tip. I show this in my Sriracha Chocolate Cupcakes video.
- Fill each cupcake with the remaining portion of your favorite jelly / jam.
- Pipe or spread each cupcake with jelly frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife