Today we are taking a delicious golden snickerdoodle donut and dressing it up with sweet chocolate sauce, glazed tart cherries, and crunch chocolate dipped biscuit cookies. These donuts are next level and if you’re a fan of chocolate, snickerdoodle, and just all around tastiness then you will be a fan of these dare I say “gourmet” donuts!
Be sure to enter the MANCAKE KitchenAid giveaway.
I have 20 KitchenAid Stand Mixers to giveaway & one of them could be yours!
More Strawberry Recipes You Might Enjoy:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on All Things In and Out of the MANCAKE Kitchen:
Let’s Make Donuts:
Be sure to grab the full recipe & check out the full video tutorial in the recipe card below. And if you try this recipe (I mean you totally should be), tag me on Instagram @imancake and use the hashtag #BakingWithMANCAKE.
- 2 & 3/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 & 2/3 cups granulated white sugar
- 5 eggs at room temperature
- 1 & 1/4 cups milk at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cinnamon sugar blend
- 1 & 1/2 cups glazed cherries (cherry pie filling also works)
- chocolate syrup
- Chocolate dipped biscuit cookies, loosley crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standard sized mixing bowl, whisk together your dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a larger mixing bowl, whip shortening on a high speed until fluffy.
- Add in white granulated sugar and mix into shortening on a lower speed until incorporated.
- One at a time, add eggs and mix in after each addition.
- Blend in vanilla extract.
- Add in dry mixture and mix on a low speed until just combined.
- Fill your donut wells about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake donuts for 10 minutes or until your cake tester comes out clean.
- Once baked, pull from oven, sprinkle cinnamon-sugar onto each donut, and allow to cool slightly.
- Pour chocolate sauce over each donut.
- Add glazed cherries on top of each donut.
- Sprinkle with crushed chocolate dipped biscuit cookies.
- Serve & ENJOY!
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan (for majority of baking pans), & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
Wilton Non-Stick 6-Cavity Donut Baking Pans, 2-Count
Wilton Disposable Piping Bags (100 Count)
Silicone Spatula Set (6-Piece)
KitchenAid 5 Qt. Artisan Series Stand Mixer
Pyrex Glass Mixing Bowl Set (3-Piece)
Stainless Steel Cookie Scoop Set (3-Piece)
Ateco Cake Testers, Pack of 6
KitchenAid 7-Speed Digital Hand Mixer
What I Use To Make Videos:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife