Well I have finally done it!
I have cracked the code for the BEST chocolate cake. This amazing chocolate cake is amazingly simple and amazingly delicious. And don’t even get me started on how moist this cake recipe is.
Don’t forget to enter the MANCAKE giveaway – Enter Giveaway Here
Cake Decorating Tutorials Using This Chocolate Cake:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on New Recipes:
Let’s Make Some Cake!
Full recipe, directions, & step by step tutorial video down below in the recipe.
One thing always worth mentioning, and you’ll hear me say it for every recipe, is making sure your dairy ingredients are at room temperature. This little patience will really elevate this chocolate cake to the next level of fluffy texture.
- 1 ½ sticks butter at room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups white sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup warm water or fresh brewed coffee
- 1 stick butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy on a medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Beat butter mixture at a medium speed for about 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture while alternating with water. Be sure to start and end with the dry ingredient mix.
- On a low speed, mix until creamy. You should not need to mix longer than a minute at most. With that said, be sure not to over mix.
- Pour cake batter into a prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let cool for 10 minutes in pan. After, invert onto cooling rack and let cook entirely.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no accidental over-mixing) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air then expands and produces a fluffy, light texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the “next best way to prepare your pans” before baking. Simply put however, the most effective way I find in my kitchen is a light rum of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, and a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
Frequently Used in the MANCAKE Kitchen:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife