Well I have finally done it!
I have cracked the code for the BEST chocolate cake. This amazing chocolate cake is amazingly simple and amazingly delicious. And don’t even get me started on how moist this cake recipe is.
Don’t forget to enter the MANCAKE giveaway – Enter Giveaway Here
Cake Decorating Tutorials Using This Chocolate Cake:
Be sure to subscribe & ring the bell on the MANCAKE baking channel for weekly recipes & tutorials this way you can bake right along with me. Click – MANCAKE YouTube Channel
Stay Updated on New Recipes:
Let’s Make Some Cake!
Full recipe, directions, & step by step tutorial video down below in the recipe.
One thing always worth mentioning, and you’ll hear me say it for every recipe, is making sure your dairy ingredients are at room temperature. This little patience will really elevate this chocolate cake to the next level of fluffy texture.
For Chocolate Cake
- 1/2 cup sour cream at room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk at room temperature
- 3 large eggs at room temperature
- 1 & 1/2 cup fresh brewed hot coffee
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 & 2/3 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350F and prep cake pans.
- Sift together the dry ingredients (including the sugar) into the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine.
- Add the wet ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add the wet ingredients the dry ingredients.
- Whisk to combine then mix on low for about a minute.
- Distribute batter evenly cake pans and bake for about 35-40 minutes at 350F or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow time to cool for 10 minutes then invert onto wire racks to cool fully.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no over-mixing needed) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air will expand and produce a fluffy texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the "next best way to prepare your pan" article. Simply put however, the most effective way i find in my kitchen is a light rub of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, & a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Be sure to allow your dairy ingredients to reach room temperature. Room temperature ingredients not only combine more effortlessly (no accidental over-mixing) but they also trap air so much better. This trap air then expands and produces a fluffy, light texture during your baking process.
- Prepared Pan: There will always be the “next best way to prepare your pans” before baking. Simply put however, the most effective way I find in my kitchen is a light rum of shortening around the sides, parchment paper on the bottom of the pan, and a very light dusting of flour (cocoa powder for chocolate baked goods) all throughout.
Frequently Used in the MANCAKE Kitchen:
- Piping Bags
- Assortment of Piping Tips
- Reusable Piping Bags
- Springform Pans
- Mini Springform Pans
- Rotating Cake Stand
- Offset Spatulas
- Slip Resistant Silicone Mats
- Hand Mixer
- Stand Mixer
- Standard Donut Pans
- Loaf Pans
- Cookie Sheets
- Brownie Pans
- Heart Shaped Springform Pans
- Edible Luster Dust
- Food Gel Color Assortment
- Rolling Pin
- Pie Pans
- Cupcake Pans
- Muffin Pans
- Pastry Cutter
- Cake Leveler
- Bench Scraper
- Fondant Roller
- X-cto Knife / Pairing Knife